Thursday, October 27, 2011

Steven Spielberg Takes Credit . . . or Blame . . . for Putting Indy in the Refrigerator in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".

There were so many things fans didn't like about "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". But director STEVEN SPIELBERG would like you to know that he, not writer (slash) producer GEORGE LUCAS, is responsible for one of the film's WORST moments.

I'm talking about Indy surviving an atomic bomb blast by hiding in a refrigerator.

Spielberg says, quote, "What people really jumped at was Indy climbing into a refrigerator and getting blown into the sky by an atom-bomb blast. Blame me. Don't blame George.

"That was my silly idea. People stopped saying 'jump the shark'. They now say, 'nuked the fridge'. I'm proud of that. I'm glad I was able to bring that into popular culture."

No comments: