Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Sparkle in Your Eye, LITERALLY!

The Eyes Have 'It'........
The Netherlands Institute for Innovative Ocular Surgery is now offering an eye 'enhancement' procedure called 'JewelEye'. Seven people willingly had star and heart-shaped platinum jewels embedded in their eyes. These teeny specks are slid into the protective clear membrane on the surface of the eye with a procedure time of 15 minutes. Apparently none of the recipients of JewelEye seems to be suffering any side effects.




Do you think this is a pretty 'enhancement'?

Would you consider having JewelEye added?




photo: smu.com.au
source: Sydney Morning Herald

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call me conservative and old fashioned, but I think this is unattractive and ridiculous! Our eyes are far too valuable to be messing with. Physicians and clients get your priorities straight and put your talent and money to better use.

Anonymous said...

I agree, it's NUTS!!!

DazzledShamrock said...

I'm a bit more open to the idea because of the book series "the Uglies". The characters had surgery that put jewels in their eyes.
It sounds interesting to me and if it isn't costly or dangerous, I would definitely consider it. I'd do it for nothing else but to freak people out, lol. It would be interesting to see something other than platinum though. :)