Wednesday, February 4, 2009

MOYA's AUSTRALIAN ADVENTURE

Hi Gang,

Boy, you guys have been busy, sorry to hear about the bad weather. I went to my e-mail today and you had quite the response to your Hot Topic. I couldn't get over the different views on the subject. I understand it's still messy out there, I was looking at the highway cams. Anyway I hate to rub it in, but today was one of the nicest day's I've had yet, gorgeous and hot and not a cloud in the sky. I did feel guilty while I was laying on the beach!!!

We are going away in the morning for a few days, we are heading to the east coast of Tasmania, we are going to Cole's Bay. Coles Bay is situated at the northern edge of the Freycinet National Park, it's a couple of hundred kilometres North East of Hobart great for coastal scenery, beaches and swimming and bush walking. The roads here are so twisty-turny that it will take about 3 hours to get there, we are staying until Saturday. I've seen the area on the internet and it looks quite spectacular. Cawley tells me it's the area I'll probably see spiders and snakes, really enticing me to want to go with her!!

Yesterday we went to Mount Fields, it's another National Park and has real rainforest and some of the tallest trees in the world. It was the most amazing sight, trees that were more than 97 metres tall, and fern trees that were incredible heights. The sounds in the forests were something else with all the different animals, we saw wild wallabee's, cockatoos and parrots, we searched very hard for platapus but no such luck. I'd whistle in the forest and birds would copy me, apparently it's the lyrebirds that imitate sounds, it was really quite fun.

We went to another Atlantic Salmon farm yesterday and then went on to see the Botanical Gardens, another spectacular sight here in Hobart.

I have to tell you about something I saw yesterday that I had never seen in my life. Hops farms! they were on our journey to Mount Fields, needlesss to say I had to get out of the car and go inspect what hops look like and how they grow. I even took pictures for you all to see, it was neat. Wasn't there a shortage of hops last year? After the fields and fields I saw yesterday I doubt there will be this year, at least in Tasmania. Maybe we could tell the gang at Alexander Keiths that they could get some from here!!

Anyway, I'm getting tired, off to bed as you start your day.

As always, I'm thinking of you all,
Love,
Moya

No comments: