Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kelly Clarkson Photoshopped?



Kelly Clarkson opens up about weighty issues in her dramatically retouched September issue of Self magazine.

Here are some HIGHlights:

On the haters:
"When people talk about my weight, I'm like, 'You seem to have a problem with it; I don't. I'm fine!' My happy weight changes. Sometimes I eat more; sometimes I play more."

On her exercise motivation:
"I do it totally for my psyche. I'm much better when those endorphins are going. It's a release. And I also love food, so there's a payoff!"

On her Crossfit workouts:
"It's like bootcamp! You never work out more than 35 minutes, but it's so intense … It makes me feel like G.I. Jane. It's very empowering. I feel like I can whup ass!"

On her diet:
"I love healthy stuff and junk an equal amount. Whatever I'm craving, I go for it."

On her secret weight loss:
"For me, it's the times when I'm not paying attention that I end up losing weight. But I'm never trying to lose weight – or gain it. I'm just being!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A little photo enhancement is okay (IE: removal of blemishes and red eye) but I don't think much more is acceptable.

It frustrates me these types of changes are made as it gives the public a false sense of what one should look like. It also must do a number on the star for them to be altered in this manner. It implies they are not acceptable as they are.

When the average girl is size 14 ... why do designers seek models who are size 0 and 2? And really ... what is a size 0? Doesn't "0" mean nothing / non-existent?

Kelly Clarkson is obviously very comfortable with who she is. I think that's great!

Let's do a realty check and focus on the positive. Healthy life styles and attitudes are what is important.