Monday, April 19, 2010

She Makes Me Watch Chick Flicks

Dear Breakfast Club,

A little help here please!

My wife loves any kind of romantic comedy or chick flick, and she drags me with her to see them when they come out.

--If I ever complain, she tells me that marriage is about "compromise," so I just suck it up and deal with it.

--Here's the problem: She won't see action flicks or guy movies with me. Ever.

--She thinks they're stupid, and gives me a hard time about wanting to see stuff like "Clash of the Titans". She says I should watch them with my guy friends, and that chick flicks are different, since they're MEANT for couples to see together.

--Since I go to chick flicks with my wife, shouldn't she watch action movies with me? If marriage is about compromise, is it fair that she makes me see movies she likes, but won't go with me to see movies I like?

Am I wrong here. Shouldn't she go to the "guy" movies with me?

Jared, 46

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're wrong. I think every woman ought to see action flicks with their husbands... perhaps you're not enticing her in the right way... Gerard Butler usually does it for me, or Rob Pattinson... In my mind, the sound is off, but the images are still there. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Yolanda said...

I completely agree with you. Marriage is about comprimise so if you are willing to go and sit through movies that you don't really care for and you are doing it for her..I think she should return the favor. Besides..isn't it usually about the company you're with?..hmmm, come to think about it..my husband won't go see any chick flicks with me...then again, I'm more into the comedy/action ones myself. Good luck to you..and try pulling the same thing on her..."marriage is about comprimise" :)

Anonymous said...

I definitely think she should go and see some actions movies with you, it is only fair and definitely comprimise is the answer on both sides of the fence.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jared ,,,

Marriage is Compromise ...

Your wife is very selfish!!!!

Rent a action movie this might work ...

if not take your sister, friends

she may relize she is missing out

on some action fun ...

Good luck !!!!