Monday, February 7, 2011

This marriage was in trouble from the beginning.



Dear Breakfast Club,

I remember you guys were talking about how young is too young to get married a couple of weeks back. Well I have another cautionary story. There are some things you should find out before you ever bother getting married. I never asked my fiancĂ© whether he had any financial secrets. I should have but I didn’t. He had a great job and we went out all the time. About a week after we got married I found out he was carrying almost 100 thousand dollars on a line of credit. We would never be able to pay it off. We lasted less than a year because it turns out he was keeping other secrets from me as well. Ask questions. Be smart. I didn’t and I wasn’t.

Long time listener, first time writer,

Kathleen

1 comment:

The Breakfast Club said...

Bernie sent us this response to the letter.

Hello,

I was married to my husband for several years …… we had 2 kids together, when I walked into the bathroom while he was in the shower one morning, and he peeked out of the curtain and smiled at me with a big toothless grin …… I almost died!!!! I didn’t know he wore a denture …. It had a crack in it and he needed to take it to get fixed, or I might still not know!!!! We have been married for over 17 years, and he still won’t let me in the bathroom when he brushes his teeth!!!