Thursday, June 4, 2009

FOUR BAD HABITS THAT CAN RUIN A MARRIAGE

FOUR BAD HABITS THAT CAN RUIN A MARRIAGE (It doesn't hurt to be reminded once and awhile...)

[1] Letting yourself go. Now, no one’s saying you should obsess about your looks, but it’s important to send your spouse the message that you care what they think. Trade in your ratty sweats for real clothes on the weekends. Taking a walk or going to the gym together is a great way to add a little ‘couple time’ to your daily routine.

[2] Secret spending. This one can’t be stressed enough. According to a recent Pay Pal survey, eight out of 10 people have hidden a purchase from their partner. The problem isn’t the new cordless drill or pair of shoes -- it’s the erosion of trust that happens when you tell small lies. Plus, secret spending sets the stage for big blowups about finances.

[3] Forgetting small gestures. Every day signs of affection are what keep romance alive. Treat your spouse as if you’re dating. That way, you won’t get too busy for a goodbye kiss, or forget to thank them when they do mundane things like clean the kitchen or take out the trash.

[4] Sweating the small stuff. Just because someone leaves a wet towel on the bed, that doesn’t mean they don’t love you. So instead of freaking out about every irritation, ask your spouse to help you with one or two things that really matter - like keeping up with the dishes or making it to work on time. Then, relax and let go of the rest.

2 comments:

I'mstillinlove said...

My husband and I have been together since high school. 14 years living together.. 13 years (almost) married.. and sure we've had our relationship/married/with kids problems.. and we take each other for granted, but we always make sure we kiss goodbye or say love you more before ending a call. When he winks at me, I feel like a teenager again, and when I say hey baby, he nearly melts. Many people forget why they were married or attracted to each other, but really if your partner is the one, you need to invest a few moments a day to remind them of why you are together. No need to stray or fall out of love if they feel loved every day.!

Anonymous said...

My husband goes all the way with compliments all the time. Today we were at the Price Club and he told me quite impromptly that I was absolutely beautiful. Other people heard (and one lady smiled) and I was taken a bit by surprise because he does say it often, but usually while we are alone. I became shy and silly, but thanked him because I am a bit pregnant and feeling less than stunning most days. This was a boost. He didn't stop there, he told me why he thought I was beautiful. It made me smile.