Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hockey Mom nominee for Tuesday, January 18th.



Joshua nominated his mom Laurie.

Mom ALWAYS makes sure that she is home from work in time to take me to practice after school. She has managed our team for 3 years and makes sure we get to go to tournaments. She attends all our hockey games and devotes lots of her free time to our team. She participates and helps us every week with our team's dryland training. She sends e-mails to all the parents letting them know when we are on the ice and trys her very hardest to ensure that our team has an amazing hockey season. If she dosn't deserve "Hockey mom of the year", than I don't know who does. She also works full time while doing all this work for me and my team. I also have a brother who plays hockey and a sister who plays ringette and she does as much for them as she does for me. I would like to nominate my Mom for hockey Mom of the year for the many hours she devotes to hockey at the rink and behind the scenes.

Laurie has now qualified to win:

Tickets for her entire team to attend a Halifax Mooseheads game

Food and beverages for the entire team from Subway

A day of relaxation at Life Salon Spa just for you!

1 comment:

The Breakfast Club said...

Gena sent this comment to the C100 Breakfast Club e-mail...

Everything in moderation...that is with TV, computers, activities, food etc...teach them at a young age to balance all of these and they won't be excessive over one thing. They will learn (if you start young) to manage and balance their time between what they want and what they have to do, and by the time they reach junior high and high school, they are able to make sensible decisions in all aspects. Too much restriction of one activity or excessive scheduling of a lot of activities creates their own problems. Not to mention your child's friends will never want to come to your place to play and trust me, having raised two boys on my own, my house was always filled with friends as they grew up...it meant I always knew who their friends were, what they were doing, etc. This is so important when they are in their teen years. You have to look at the big picture!