Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Help Logan Help the Children of Sierre Leone


Hello my name is Logan MacGillivray and I am 11 years old. I have been nominated for the Canadian Living Me to We award in the youth in action category. April 24 to May 8 people can go to www.metoweawards.com click on “vote” and please select Logan MacGillivray from the youth in action section. This is so important because whoever gets the most votes gets $5000 dollars to go towards their cause. If I were to get the most votes the $5000 dollars would go towards building a children’s multi-purpose centre in Sierra Leone. In this centre there will be a classroom, music room filled with musical instruments(children are forming a peace band to help heal from the war), library, computer and arts room and an outdoor recreational area where kids will be able to play soccer, basketball, volleyball, badminton and a wooden jungle jim plus many other sports. The reason I chose to work in Sierra Leone is because it is one of the poorest countries in the world and is recovering from 11 years of civil war. I want to help lift their spirits and give them a chance for an education. This centre will serve 40 villages and mean so much to thousands of children who will come to it for education and recreation. To build this centre will cost $13,000 dollars. I have raised $3000 dollars through the selling of Listen to the Children DVD’s but if we were to get the five thousand dollars we would be more than half way through with the raising of money. This centre will mean to the children of Sierra Leone what Disneyland means to the children here. I hope you will vote for me and if you want to learn more about my cause you can visit my website at www.listentothechildren.net.
Thank you very much for your support.

From your friend Logan.

No comments: