Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Misquoted Movie Lines

HERE'S A LIST OF THE TEN MOST COMMONLY MISQUOTED MOVIE LINES:

Here's a list of the ten most commonly misquoted movie lines of all time . . . according to a website called LoveFilm.com.

#10.) "Mrs. Robinson, are you trying to seduce me?" (Benjamin Braddock in "The Graduate")

--The ACTUAL line is: "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?"

#9.) "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto." (Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz")

--The ACTUAL line is: "Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

#8.) "If you build it, they will come." (Ray Kinsella in "Field of Dreams")

--The ACTUAL line is: "If you build it, he will come."

#7.) "Frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a damn." (Rhett Butler in "Gone With the Wind")

--The ACTUAL line is: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

#6.) "Beam me up, Scotty!" (James T. Kirk in "Star Trek")

--The ACTUAL line is: "Scotty, beam me up!"

#5.) "Hello, Clarice." (Hannibal Lecter in "The Silence of the Lambs")

--The ACTUAL line is: "Good evening, Clarice."

#4.) "Play it again, Sam." ("Casablanca")

(--This one's a bit of a mystery. The closest line HUMPHREY BOGART has is, "You played it for her, you can play it for me. Play it!" And INGRID BERGMAN says, "Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time Goes By'.")

#3.) "Do you feel lucky, punk?" (Dirty Harry in "Dirty Harry")

--The ACTUAL line is: "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

#2.) "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" (The Queen in "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs")

--The ACTUAL line is: "Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"

#1.) "Luke, I am your father." (Darth Vader in "The Empire Strikes Back")

--The ACTUAL line is: "No, I am your father."

Do you know any others?

No comments: