Monday, May 18, 2009

Hot Senator? In Canada? Huh?








So, I was flipping through the TV and hit the brakes on Cpac to oggle this bit of eye-candy. Can't say that the words 'senator' and 'hot' are ones I've ever heard together in the world of Canadian politics. But like most gals of my, er, age I'm busy (it's hard to juggle it all, am I right ladies?!). So, occasionally I miss stuff, like the appointment of Patrick Brazeau to the Senate.

While gazing at the man, I did note there was a point to his presence (other than adding a much needed hotness factor), Senator Brazeau was speaking at the Senate Committee on Human Rights.

His professional career certainly makes for an interesting read.....get the wiki-version here.

But, seriously...makes ya wanna watch cpac, right?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a greasy pimp, there is a picture of him from the CBC where he has a pink shirt buttoned only up to his chest. EEEEWWWW greasy, add the jewelery that he wears, YUCK. SLEAZY.

Maybe you should google him and you will see some of his "achievements". You should find many articles dealing with his sexual harrassment allegations, one of which will be heard at the Canadian Human Rights Commission (federal level). I find it odd that Harper would appoint someone of this character to the Senate and then allow him to sit on the Human Rights Committee while he will have to go before the Human Rights Commission.

Then there is the issue of Mr. Brazeau being a deadbeat father to his 15 yr old son whom he has not seen in 8 years. Brazeau admitted to this not seeing him in 8 years, I wonder why? To top that, Mr. Brazeau has been late on numerous occasions paying his $90/month child support while he is and was making over $100k/year.

Nicolle Bellefontaine said...

Well, I didn't exactly say he was a 'catch'. I did google him and yeah, his history is not spectacular which is why I posted his wiki-profile. Whether or I agree or not with his appointment to the Senate or his choices is not what I was offering up. Merely suggesting that he was a bit attractive if you like that sort of thing. I never saw any blinged-out photo, but frankly we are all entitled to our opinion. My partner's hair is longer than mine and I quite like it. Sometimes men with long hair are attractive.

And I might add 'deadbeat dads' are never cool. We have 50% shared custody of John's boys and he is a very hands-on, affectionate and thoughtful dad. Of course, he has keep pulling the greasy hair out of his eyes....

I kid!

Anonymous said...

Definitely HOT looking!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

And Wiki, the Globe and Mail and the Toronto Star have become the bible of facts? I think not.

Not only is he hot but he's also a true gentleman and a very smart guy.

Perhaps you should get the facts straight on the Canadian Human Rights Commission and this so called "complaint". You wouldn't be believing everything you read, would you?

One final thing, re the child support issue, don't quote figures if you aren't 100% certain. Mr. Brazeau is paying child support reflective of his salary - that I'm certain!